FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP converting audio sample without reason

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Gallindo
FCP converting audio sample without reason
on Sep 20, 2013 at 12:24:19 am

Hi guys,

I'd reading lot of threads about issues with sample rate convert, most of times involving 44.1 and 48.0 KHz. But my problem doesn't refer to a difference of samples rates.

At my work I'm using FCP 6.0.5 and always have dealing with 44.1KHz. So is the standard project sequence set to 44.1, never had problem with this in almost two years.

But now FCP began to write the audio every time that I render a transition, then appears the blue line on the audio track indicating the audio was converted. But wasnt green before. There was nothing, like is normally.

The other editor says to me that was canceling the conversion. This resulted some exports with audio sync problem, but someones exported ok.

This issue is not blocking my work, but I need edit classes beyond 2 and 3 hours, cut 30 min parts, and now have to wait 2 min every time I render a transition. Just because FCP wants to convert 44.1 audio in a 44.1 sequence to create another 44.1 audio. Doesnt make sense to me.

I tried create a new project, but the same thing still happening. Must have another settings that Im not considering?

Thanks for atention.

My sequence setting are:

854x480
square
Field Dominance: none
Compressor: apple intermediate codec
Audio Rate: 44.1 kHz
depth: 16-bit
Config: Channel grouped

My videos are:

854x480
square
apple intermediate codec
44.1 kHz
16-bit integer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP converting audio sample without reason
on Sep 20, 2013 at 12:42:34 am

Try opening the project's Render Manager and deleting every blessed audio render file in it. See what happens.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Arthur Gallindo
on Sep 23, 2013 at 4:39:23 pm

Hi Dave,
indeed, there was a enormous amount of render files that had been accumulated for a long time.

But the rate conversion still happening. Rarely one recording I can edit without that conversion. But others, even recorded in the same studio, ask for conversion.

And just beside this Mac there is another with FCP 6 (but not .0.5) that still editing fine...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 23, 2013 at 5:43:40 pm

Then it sounds like it's time to trash FCP preferences, and Digital Rebellion makes a free app for that.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Arthur Gallindo
on Sep 24, 2013 at 10:07:53 pm

hey Dave.
Problem solved!
I just used the Preference Manager from DigitalRebellion and started FCP from zero.
No more sample converting.

thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]