FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conversion problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay James
Conversion problem
on Sep 18, 2013 at 8:49:06 am

Hello

I wonder if anyone could assist me through a conversion issue. this is what has occured: I had different settings to what my footage was in settings of a sequence. So for instance the clip settings were set wrong to how the footage was logged and captured at Xdcam but come out at 10801 hdv 25fps - so when it comes to converting it from a raw file in streamclip to a mp4 its very pixelated

is there anyway I can avoid redoing the whole edit - as I'm going to miss my deadline now - I thought that by doing conform to sequence would rectify the problem and turn all the clips into Xdcam but no such luck it appears

Thanks in advance

Jay

Return to posts index

Paddy Uglow
Re: Conversion problem
on Sep 18, 2013 at 10:25:36 am

I'm not able to run FCP any more so can't test this, but can you create a new sequence with the right settings and paste the contents of your existing sequence into the new one?
You might need to use some Paste Attributes too if you need to rescale all the clips.

Paddy, CreativeMedia.org.uk

Return to posts index

Jay James
on Sep 18, 2013 at 10:31:51 am

Hello Paddy, This is what I tried with the original sequence i was working with and it still remaining the same with the conversion still pixelated but thanks for your response

Return to posts index

Paddy Uglow
on Sep 18, 2013 at 11:28:49 am

I'm not so au fait with Log and Capture - does that actually create ProRes versions of your originals or just copy the files. I wonder maybe if the L&C might have created resized source files?

What's the streamclip (presumably MPEG Streamclip conversion software?) part of the process?

Paddy, CreativeMedia.org.uk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 18, 2013 at 5:35:32 pm

Copy the entire current edit timeline. Paste it into a new ProRes 422 edit timeline. Export about 10 seconds of it and see how it looks: it should be okay.

I presume you're good with knowledge of how to work with progressive/interlaced footage.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]