FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7: Hi Res Photo Scans problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot Gaynon
FCP7: Hi Res Photo Scans problem
on Sep 17, 2013 at 11:39:41 pm

Hi-

I am currently working on a project with FCP 7 that holds on very hi res photo scans (mostly TIFF, some JPEGs, approx 800 dpi, huge dimensions, etc.). When I drop my scans into a sequence they appear to be ok in the viewer. After rendering to my sequence's settings (23.98, 1920X 1080), some of the scans play back with black frames or weird lighting (almost like a rainbow filter effect).

Is there a work around for this so all hi res scans will play back without black frames or weird lighting? Not all my scans do this, just some of them.

If i haven't provided sufficient information, please let me know.

thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7: Hi Res Photo Scans problem
on Sep 18, 2013 at 1:19:56 am

DPI is meaningless in FCP. That's a print measurement. Pixel dimensions are all that count here, and FCP doesn't work with anything over 4000 pixels. If these images are larger than that, you need to scale them back...max out at 3800 pixels on any side. Change the DPI to 150 or even 72 (video maxes out at 72) while you are at it...make them more manageable. Duplicate them before you do this, so you have the high res versions of the scans, and the versions that FCP can work with.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Street
Re: FCP7: Hi Res Photo Scans problem
on Sep 18, 2013 at 3:31:23 pm

Also ... double check that they're RGB ...

--
John Street
http://www.inpoint.tv
Mac OS 10.6.7, FCS 7.0.3, QT 7.6.6, Mac Pro 2x3GHz Quad-Core, 16GB Ram

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]