FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cheap & basic jog/shuttle that would work with FCP7 and *NOT require drivers*?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Wing
Cheap & basic jog/shuttle that would work with FCP7 and *NOT require drivers*?
on Sep 17, 2013 at 6:13:22 pm

I know it sounds weird, but I am looking for a basic jog/shuttle dial that can be plugged in and work in the way keyboards and mice and some tablets do, they do what they were designed to do without drivers. In some cases they work although installing the drivers adds additional functions, but I don't need that. I just need to shuttle through a crapload of slowmotion footage.

If you're curious as to why, I freelance and work a lot of short jobs where I would have to get various department approvals to get an IT guy down just to install one driver. Not worth it for a 2 day job. Would be nice to have a shuttle control I can bring with me to any job and just plug in to work just like a mouse would.

I am not counting on it, though...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Cheap & basic jog/shuttle that would work with FCP7 and *NOT require drivers*?
on Sep 17, 2013 at 6:23:25 pm

JKL keys not working for you?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Wing
Re: Cheap & basic jog/shuttle that would work with FCP7 and *NOT require drivers*?
on Sep 17, 2013 at 7:06:56 pm

I always find that the fast-forward scrub speed to slow down is with JKL is really wonky and sluggish in FCP. So if I see something I like while going fast, and then hit to go back in reverse, and then back forward, it is just not nearly as precise as using the little shuttle wheel in the canvas/viewer windows. The shuttle wheel there works better for what I want, but then I constantly have to mouse back and forth.

Minor problem to have, but a wheel would be a lot smoother. I have the Euphonix MC Control at home which I love, but is large and requires drivers...

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Sep 19, 2013 at 2:47:01 pm

I can recommend contour shuttle pro.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>