FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7.0.3 CONSTANT Freezing! (On playback, on moving in timeline, on everything)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Ganem
FCP 7.0.3 CONSTANT Freezing! (On playback, on moving in timeline, on everything)
on Sep 11, 2013 at 6:03:17 pm

Hey guys,

I've searched this forum and google searched this tons of times. I keep getting the same results over and over, and most of the answers are informative but different enough from my problem to not really be of much help.

I have FCP 7.0.3.

I'm editing a live sporting event with 4 different camera angles. I'm not even doing Multiclip.

All my files are on a G-Drive (4tb) connected with a FW800. All my clips are ProRes 422 LT.

It'll work fine initially for a few minutes, maybe 10 tops, and then all of a sudden when I press play, or move my playhead, either Pinwheel of Death or just a total freeze! So I force quit, reopen, and then it wont even play in the first place. I can maybe get 1 or 2 quick cuts in before it does it again.

So now my work flow is literally Open FCP, Make an edit, Freeze. Force Quit. Open. Make an edit. Freeze, repeat.

My machine is a 15 in Mac Book Pro 10.6.8 and I have my RAM maxed out to as much as this system can take.

Any solution is appreciated! This is maddening, and this never happened before. I've been doing this kind of work for 2 to 3 years on this same type of machine, and one day it started doing this and never turned back.

Would eSata fix this problem?

I also tried using Digital Rebellion and check the Crash Analyzer, but since I can only Force Quit, it never makes a recent crash log that I can use to check!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]