FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen Selectivity - How to remove an area of green but not another?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Hands
Green Screen Selectivity - How to remove an area of green but not another?
on Sep 9, 2013 at 6:58:17 pm

I have an interview with a person in front of a green screen. He has a logo on his shirt - relatively small on the top left portion of his shirt...it is also green and gets keyed out with the rest of the green. The rest of the shirt is black. Is there some masking technique or some trick where I can isolate that logo and keep that green while keying out the screen itself? Would "roto-scoping" be the answer? There isn't much movement. The guy is in the chair for about 5 minutes and if I could just make a square box around the logo somehow and isolate that from the rest of the screen - that would help immensely!

Trevor Hands

"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does." -- Murphy's Law

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Green Screen Selectivity - How to remove an area of green but not another?
on Sep 9, 2013 at 9:18:38 pm

You kind of answered your own question. You can just add another layer pf the clean video on top of the green-screened layer, using the "crop" tool, and by applying the "feathering" control inside the crop tool, make it blend in to the shirt and look "normal". Other techniques include being more precise with the color selection sliders in the keyer to ignore that shade.

Return to posts index

Trevor Hands
Re: Green Screen Selectivity - How to remove an area of green but not another?
on Sep 9, 2013 at 9:31:09 pm

Thanks so much for the tips. I had tried tweaking the color shade and got somewhat close though I wasn't happy with it. Totally didn't even stop to think of layering it - which I usually never think of the easy way to do things. Worked beautifully. Thanks!

Trevor Hands

"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does." -- Murphy's Law

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]