FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text hard to position in Boris

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
Text hard to position in Boris
on Sep 5, 2013 at 1:20:40 am

I'm using Boris title generator for most simple things and with little issues, but now when I try to position a title to a different location on the screen, it practically freezes momentarily and will hardly moves to the position the I choose. I keep dragging and pulling on it to position it, but will hardly move. Since I recently added HD footage to my system, I aware that I'm well under the RAM recommendations...could that be it?

Thanks..

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Text hard to position in Boris
on Sep 5, 2013 at 2:39:17 am

Most likely it is RAM and graphics card related. Instead of dragging try typing numbers into the X Y co-ordinates and the title should jump to the correct location. Dragging requires a lot more processing effort.

Ultimately for accuracy you should use whole numbers anyway to avoid sub pixel placement. Dragging creates placement numbers with decimal points which need to be fixed anyway. Once you find the placement that works, you can copy> paste attributes> basic motion to the other text gens to have the move to the chosen position.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Text hard to position in Boris
on Sep 5, 2013 at 1:27:26 pm

You could also switch to the wireframe mode before doing the repo. It shouldn't bog your system down at all then.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]