FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render render render

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jana Birchum
Render render render
on Sep 3, 2013 at 9:17:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm cutting a piece from a variety of inputs, all transcoded to Apple Pro Rex 422, 1920 x 1080p. I created a motion project with the same dimensions, which is a drawn shape, but when I add it to the project in Final Cut, as a motn file, not as an .mov, it makes me render. Since this entire project is going to be this type of motion file over footage, I'm trying to figure out if there's a workaround, or a change in settings, I can use to make it doable. Each render take 5 minutes.

It does the same thing when I output as a .mov file, btw. So no saving time there.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm on a MacBook Pro, 16g ram, Mac OS 10.8, Final Cut 7

Jana B.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Render render render: yes, yes, yes
on Sep 3, 2013 at 11:11:32 pm

Sorry, but you can't avoid rendering when you do the sort of work you're taking in with this project. The reason: you're no longer editing but compositing, which is a completely different thing.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 4, 2013 at 8:58:34 am

As david said.
You can export QT movies (with the same specs of the FC sequence) from Motion and import to FC.
No rendering then.
rafael

Return to posts index

Jana Birchum
on Sep 4, 2013 at 4:14:35 pm

Sadly, and surprisingly, not true. I did that early on, and it needed rendering. probably because it's on alpha, and thus, like a cross dissolve, needs to be rendered. or something.

sigh.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 4, 2013 at 5:42:00 pm

Yes, if there is an Alpha involved, you will need to render. Not always right away, if ProRes 4444, the clip might be green, depending on what you are compositing it with. But if layering is involved, and compositing, of course you will have to render...eventually.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]