FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recovering Barely Audible Sound with Bad Static?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Bird
Recovering Barely Audible Sound with Bad Static?
on Sep 2, 2013 at 5:19:35 am

Like a chump, I filmed on my XA10 Camera camcorder today using AUTO settings without checking the sound. About halfway through the shoot, I realized that the microphone XLR cable had been moved from CH1 (where it was set to record) to CH2. CH2 was set to LINE (not MIC or MIC+48V), ATT was off, and the audio control was right at about the halfway mark. I was sure that it simply hadn't recorded any sound at all, since it was only set to record CH1 sound. However, when I brought the footage into Final Cut Pro 7, boosted the gain to 12 dB, then used a gain filter to boost it an additional 40 dB, I could miraculously hear amazingly clear sound on one of the channels. The only problem is that there's very heavy static over the otherwise clear sound. Is there any way for me to recover the sound? If not, are there any good filters that could decrease the static and leave my subjects' voices intact? Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Recovering Barely Audible Sound with Bad Static?
on Sep 2, 2013 at 10:54:16 pm

iZotope make some excellent denoising software. However when noise is louder than speech don't expect a miracle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]