FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Log & Transfer from an SDHC card

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Kappeler
Can't Log & Transfer from an SDHC card
on Sep 1, 2013 at 6:10:49 pm

I'm trying to ingest some HD footage shot on a Panasonic AG AC 90 but my Log and Transfer window only offers clips with a duration of 0 which I can't import. Any help would be greatly appreciated. FCP 7.0.3 running Mac OSX 10.7.5 on a 2 x 2.8 G Quad Core Intel Xeon with 10 gigs of ram.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: Can't Log & Transfer from an SDHC card
on Sep 3, 2013 at 2:11:54 pm

the codec of the camera is not with FCP7, it's AVCHD. So you have to transcode the AVCHD panasonic files into ProRes422. Episode is the best program for this, but there should be other programs on the market. Perhaps panasonic offers a transfer program for free.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Chad Kappeler
Re: Can't Log & Transfer from an SDHC card
on Sep 3, 2013 at 2:33:56 pm

You do NOT need a 3rd party software program to ingest Panasonic AVC HD into FCP 7. I've done it before, using Log & Transfer to bring the footage in as Pro Res HD but this time... the Log & Transfer window sees numerous clips but all of them have a duration of 0 and they can not be imported (transferred). The issue seems to be seeeing the NO NAME drive clips correctly. Some stills were also saved from the camera to the SDHC card... could that be confusing FCP?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]