FORUMS: list search recent posts

RP188 TC Capture Now w/ TC Breaks OR TC on Audio Ch. 2 Reader

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sam atkinson
RP188 TC Capture Now w/ TC Breaks OR TC on Audio Ch. 2 Reader
on Aug 30, 2013 at 10:28:26 pm

I'm trying to set up to capture video from our film scanner with tc generated from Arri code on the film using an Aaton system, so that we can post sync 8 tracks

The Kona card doesn't have LTC in, so I am sending the video and timecode to an SR deck that is in external regen and sending that to the Kona. I don't care if I use FCP or AJA VTR Exchange to do the capture, but I do need for a new file to be created with each timecode break.

I see a setting in FCP in the General Settings under User Prefs that gives me that option to create a new clip on tc break, but I'm guessing that only works with tc read via RS422 and that won't work because when it sees a tc break it tries to go back and find the break on the tape...and that can't happen because this is a live capture.

All of this wouldn't be a problem if I could just get either Avid or LTCconvert to read the TC on audio ch. 2.

Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: RP188 TC Capture Now w/ TC Breaks OR TC on Audio Ch. 2 Reader
on Aug 31, 2013 at 12:48:07 pm

AJA VTR Exchange is basically used to lie FC's sequence TC when printing to tape.
Without the application and a RS-422, there is not way of getting other than the default (1:00:00:00) TC from FC. FC can't embed other TC on the video stream. The TC is embed on the AJA card.

AJA VTR Exchange gives desk control when capturing. but in this case FC doesn't needs the TC provided by the RS-422 interface. FC takes the source TC embed in the video stream (HD/SD-SDI).
I would try a "Capture Now" , with the "create a new clip on tc break" checked.
rafael

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: RP188 TC Capture Now w/ TC Breaks OR TC on Audio Ch. 2 Reader
on Aug 31, 2013 at 7:37:42 pm

Rafel is correct on this.

Since your scanner is working at the frame level AJa VTR Exchange has the needed functionality to capture from the scanner with TC.

You should call Aja for proper technical support on this, it is not a DIY kind of set up as settings might need to be made to the scanner also.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]