FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Keyer Effect Setting matched in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vern Moen
FCP X Keyer Effect Setting matched in FCP 7
on Aug 30, 2013 at 2:04:35 am

Hi all,
I'm having a client who temp'd in an effect on his laptop running FCP X and I'm having a really difficult time duplicating it in FCP 7.

Basically all he did was drop in the "Keyer" effect 3 times (on top of each other) onto a clip and it keyed out the blues and the blacks but left the other colors. He didn't adjust the Keyer at all. I've tried getting to the same point through FCP 7, but I can't get it.

Does anyone know what the presets are for the FCP X Keyer effect or how I can replicate what my client did in FCP 7??

Thank in advance for any advice.
v

http://www.longbeachfilmcompany.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP X Keyer Effect Setting matched in FCP 7
on Aug 30, 2013 at 7:52:02 am

Try Motion.
Has much better keying options.
rafael

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 30, 2013 at 2:29:02 pm

Sounds like a few instances of chromakey were used, with each instance adjusted to a particular blue or green shade.

People like to rag on the FCP7 built-in chromakeyer, but I've always had pretty good luck with it. That said, these days my first choice is the primatte keyer in Apple Motion.

Return to posts index

Vern Moen
on Aug 30, 2013 at 4:40:23 pm

Thanks for advice and I realize there's better chroma keyers out there, but i'm trying to replicate a specific look that was (rather haphazardly) created by the FCP X Keyer when it was caked on 3 times. I'm looking for the presets the Keyer has when dragged/dropped on a clip, and how i can replicate that effect in FCP 7.

http://www.longbeachfilmcompany.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 30, 2013 at 4:45:58 pm

In 7's keyer there is an eyedropper tool for sampling the green or blue screen. You can sample any colo(s) you want with it. Then choose the graphical interface for the keyer, which gives you sliders with adjustable points to widen or confine the exact shades and etc. you're wanting to key. You're going to have to play around with that a bit to get what you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]