FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grading/Color Correction

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Snow
Grading/Color Correction
on Aug 29, 2013 at 2:33:39 am

This is probably a stupid thread. But, sometimes I'm weak brained.

I have Final Cut Pro 6.0.6.

I color corrected my first movie years ago. I'm color correcting my new one now. Some one saw some of my footage and said I should color grade it.

I'm seeing on-line about color grading. I've watched quite a few videos where they color grade and it looks great. Everything I find is using After Effects or FCP X.

Is color grading not possible with FCP 6? Is it just another way of saying color correcting?

If it can be done in FCP 6 can anyone point me to a tutorial video? I can not find one. Which is probably the answer, that it can't. That's why I can't find any videos for it. But, it never hurts to ask.

This is the footage the person saw:

Could it use color grading? I was trying to keep it kind of light.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Grading/Color Correction
on Aug 29, 2013 at 3:09:44 am

Overall the lighting & photography has a nice look and if you are happy with that look then the reason to grade is some shot matching. There is some grade and color variation throughout. On FCP 6 I can recommend Colorista as a nice in tool grading plugin that is superior to the three way tools in FCP.

Colorista is free and Colorista2 which is better again is cheap. FCPX is not a grading tool. After Effects is not a great grade tool but it does have some nice control tools. da Vinci Resolve Lite is free but it is an external grading application that can take an XML or EDL from your timeline. It is probably the most complicated but powerful grading tools and is free.

From what can be gathered from a YouTube vid on a computer screen there isn't much need for a grade tool better than Colorista2

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Aug 29, 2013 at 12:00:06 pm

Colorista is a great tool, I strongly recommend.

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 29, 2013 at 1:46:26 pm

The exteriors are where it could use some work to get the harshness down and bring out some shadow detail. I'd leave the interiors alone except to match levels. The audition sequence is pretty good; a bit slow, but overall well thought-out.

Return to posts index

George Snow
on Aug 30, 2013 at 8:38:09 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

George Snow
on Aug 30, 2013 at 8:38:36 pm

Thank You, I'll look it up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>