FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hourly charges for tutoring of Final Cut Pro.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rohit Sardesai
Hourly charges for tutoring of Final Cut Pro.
on Aug 28, 2013 at 2:23:32 am

Hello Everyone,

I have an opportunity to teach Final Cut Pro to a student of Master of Film Making. She has no clue how to use the software. And i have no clue how much i should charge her for my services on hourly basis. Can you folks please advice me on this matter.
I sincerely appreciate your advice.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Hourly charges for tutoring of Final Cut Pro.
on Aug 28, 2013 at 4:49:13 am

Ripple Training is $99 for 5 hours (that can be paused or watched over and over and over).
http://www.rippletraining.com/categories/apple-pro-apps-tutorials/final-cut...

I'm not sure if you're certified or what, but based on the idea that they'd pause or review the DVDs 3 or 4 times - perhaps taking 10-20 hours to go through the lessons, then it's more like 20 hours for $99. So I'd say $5 an hour is a decent rate. Ok, a little tongue in cheek, but there's a lot of truth to it. Perhaps someone can't learn from DVDs or the nearly unlimited wealth of free tuts on the net, but that's your competition. Are you trying to just help someone out or earn a buck? It probably would be a bit wrong to charge $50-$100 an hour to train someone without them knowing of options like Ripple or others. But perhaps you could combine the two? They get the DVD and you charge X amount per hour to go through them with you as a hands on expert.

And don't forget to tell them that FCP 7 was EOL'd 2 years ago and learning a more current app like Avid, CC, or X might be an option they want to look into instead.

Return to posts index

Rohit Sardesai
on Aug 28, 2013 at 6:52:06 am

Hi Brett
Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it a lot. In fact, I did mention online tutorials to this client of mine. But, she needs someone to sit with her and go through the editing process, personally. And, besides, she wants to learn Final Cut Pro 7 particularly because she only has access to FCP and Premiere.
Although, i did like your suggestion where i can actually sit with her and walk her through the tutorials.

And, once again, i do appreciate your advice. Sincerely.

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 28, 2013 at 2:50:02 pm

I would charge what you charge for editing, per hour, with maybe a 20 pecent discount, and cap it at a certain number of hours.

Return to posts index

Rohit Sardesai
on Aug 29, 2013 at 12:10:41 am

Thanks, Mark. Thats actually sounds practical. I thinl, i will go for it.
Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]