FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the best video conversion software to convert any file type to any other?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gilbert Digital
What is the best video conversion software to convert any file type to any other?
on Aug 28, 2013 at 12:51:04 am

I'm editing with Final Cut Pro, but often times i need to export or import to/from Mpeg with Mp2 audio, wmv, mp4, mov, etc. The guidelines for a cable public access system I must upload to are very specific and will not accept anything other than SD, Mpeg files. Other presentations must be wmv.

Is there a reliable and inexpensive converter that can do basically any file format to any other in just 1 step? I'm sick of using compression, then Mpeg Streamclip, or other multi-step work-arounds.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: What is the best video conversion software to convert any file type to any other?
on Aug 28, 2013 at 4:46:36 am

I find the Adobe Encoder to be a big improvement on Compressor, although for Dolby Audio I still need Compressor.

Return to posts index

Paddy Uglow
Re: What is the best video conversion software to convert any file type to any other?
on Aug 28, 2013 at 11:13:48 am

I use QuickTime 7 Pro a lot. It'll do some useful things like trimming and cropping; you can remove or replace the audio track, rotate, etc etc.
And you can install things like Perian, MPEG component, Filp4Mac etc to get it to open more formats.
I like how you can get a load of footage and cut and paste together just the bits you need into a single mov, export and save it as a ref. And you can do dozens of exports simultaneously.

Paddy, CreativeMedia.org.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]