FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow and jerky playback - 1920 x 1080

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
Slow and jerky playback - 1920 x 1080
on Aug 28, 2013 at 12:47:13 am

I finally made the switch from standard to HD. I'm editing a 1920 x 1080 project, at 60i. When viewing my footage in the standard browser or canvas setting, this footage looks and plays back fine. But if I enlarge either of these windows to a much bigger size (or output a Quicktime) it doesn't play back real smooth....sort of slow and a bit jerky. "This won't look this way when I burn a disc will it?"

"Could this be because I'm running just 2gb ram, or is this a VRAM issue?"

" I only have 256 mb VRAM and my graphics display is a NVIDEO GFORCE 9400, on an iMac intel, 3.06 Intel Core Duo."

Thanks...

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Slow and jerky playback - 1920 x 1080
on Aug 28, 2013 at 2:07:34 am

[Jonny Cates] ""Could this be because I'm running just 2gb ram, or is this a VRAM issue?""

2GB of RAM for FCP editing HD? Yeah, that's VERY low. 4GB minimum, but 8GB for comfort.

[Jonny Cates] "" I only have 256 mb VRAM and my graphics display is a NVIDEO GFORCE 9400, on an iMac intel, 3.06 Intel Core Duo.""

That is pretty darn low too. 512MB is recommended...but this should work. I think the biggest issue is the amount of RAM you have. Also...what drive is the footage stored on? Connected how?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
Re: Slow and jerky playback - 1920 x 1080
on Aug 28, 2013 at 11:25:01 am

Shane...

I was actually wrong about the amount of memory I have. I do have 4gb - not 2. I was mixed up with another machine I have. But the rest of my info is correct.

I assume this "slowness" would still be attributed to the lack of more ram, huh?

Thanks....

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]