FORUMS: list search recent posts

What are common causes of sudden 1/o error/capture fail in FCP 7 importing 1080 DVCProHD?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
What are common causes of sudden 1/o error/capture fail in FCP 7 importing 1080 DVCProHD?
on Aug 22, 2013 at 10:18:44 pm

This was working fine all week, and suddenly, it's not. As I log and capture some DVCPro HD footage thru a aja IOHD, suddenly, a few seconds into the capture, it stops and tells me there's an I/O problem, but nothing specific. The RAID still read as as having 1.3 TB free space, the scratch file is in the right place and unchanged, the mac;s HS has 120 gigs free space in it... The last time I had this issue, it was because every drive int he system was jam-packed with no room to move files around, and each attempt to log and capture would fail and cause me to have to run disk utility on the RAID to fix it.

But the system is clean with plenty of room on all the drives, and it's still throwing this error out of nowhere, after a week of working fine. Fixing permissions and wiping pref files didn't help.

What might it be?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: What are common causes of sudden 1/o error/capture fail in FCP 7 importing 1080 DVCProHD?
on Aug 23, 2013 at 6:33:34 pm

Download and install the latest drivers... Drivers can go corrupt.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: What are common causes of sudden 1/o error/capture fail in FCP 7 importing 1080 DVCProHD?
on Aug 23, 2013 at 6:43:52 pm

What "latest" drivers? The last update was what, three years ago? You mean re-install the program?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 23, 2013 at 6:56:30 pm

Reinstall the latest drivers for the IO. Download them fresh if you can. AJA is good about keeping them up.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]