FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid to FCP transfer with Automatic Duck issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Noneofyourbusiness
Avid to FCP transfer with Automatic Duck issues
on Aug 20, 2013 at 4:40:22 am

Hi,

I apologise if this topic has been touched but I can't seem to find answers for the questions.

I am trying to move a project from Avid into FCP via Automatic duck. I am moving my media by putting it all into sequences and transferring those sequences with Automatic duck and that works pretty much how I want it too.

I am linking to the video files transcoded for Avid and Automatic duck is making QT Ref move that link to the Avid mxf files. I don't really know what it does with the audio files though.
My issue is when I try to transfer the rough cut of this film into FCP I get all the video layers and media on them, but the audio only come across as a mix down file that is 2mins long, the edit is 2.5hrs long.

I don't know if this is FCP issue or Avid issue. I don't really use Avid and this is the first time I have had to transfer a project from Avid to FCP.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Avid to FCP transfer with Automatic Duck issues
on Aug 21, 2013 at 12:49:30 am

Unfortunately Automatic Duck is end of life (EOL) software and has been given out for free for nearly two years. This means that there is no development or support anymore so as Avid versions change there may be bugs introduced that won't be fixed. What version of Avid & FCP are you using?

You might try exporting just an audio timeline by OMF or AAF and using Auto Duck to import that and then match it to the video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]