FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips from one project's time line pasted into another problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Gray
Clips from one project's time line pasted into another problem
on Aug 19, 2013 at 7:24:13 am

Here's a follow up to a problem I had with over large project files that made it impossible to render anything without Out of Memory Errors and crashes.

I've managed to reduce project files so that they will render. They are still causing me problems though.

I cannot copy items from one project to another without some very peculiar effects. (I'm trying to add edits from one editor to those of another's time line. Identical settings so should work.)

If I copy a portion of a sequence from one project file to a time line in another the scale attribute changes from 100% to 40%.

The play back on the Canvas is the correct size but the play back in the External Video playback is 40% the size for the clip but for other elements on the time line, like text or gun flashes and other FX, motion tracked, they treat the image as full sized.

If I change the 40% back to 100% it has no effect upon the images.

Also, when moving around on the time line of my main edit, despite the small project file, I still get the Viewer and the external monitor giving me a green image... stripey green on the viewer, plain green on the external.
Then of course it crashes.

I've trashed the preferences.

So I'm lost as to what to do at the moment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]