FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final cut pro share to Blu ray (108025p)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Hollingsworth
Final cut pro share to Blu ray (108025p)
on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:38:51 pm

I wondered if anyone could finally shed some light on an issue I have. I understood that Blu ray was not compatible with 25p, however, I created a 25p BD-R and it played fine on my Panasonic BS750 player but apparently does not play on my client's player.

My process was as follows:

Edit 1080 25p footage on equivalent timeline in FCP7, render and export. Import the exported file into FCP7 and place on new 25p timeline, set chapters and then share to Blu-ray via compressor. As I said all played fine on my player. Does the share option automatically create a disc in compatible Blu-ray format which would explain why it plays on my player? Perhaps my client's player does not play BD-Rs. Anyone out there shed some light on this issue for me. Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Final cut pro share to Blu ray (108025p)
on Aug 16, 2013 at 11:36:57 pm

Depends on the age of the player in some cases.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Aug 16, 2013 at 11:47:27 pm

You might try having your client connect their Blu-ray player to the Internet and check for updates.

Return to posts index

James Hollingsworth
on Aug 17, 2013 at 7:31:01 am

So is it a fact that 25p is now an acceptable format for the latest Blu-ray players?

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Aug 16, 2013 at 11:53:05 pm

Encode your footage as 50i. Because the source is progressive, it will still appear as progressive on the Blu-ray disc.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

James Hollingsworth
on Aug 17, 2013 at 8:21:54 am

Hi Bill,

Can you please confirm the correct workflow for this process. Do I drop the file on to a 108050i timeline in FCP and then share or do I change the native field dominance in compressor from progressive to top order?

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]