FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a tool for video post production - Quality Contrast, CC and noise reduction effects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frimann Kjerulf
Looking for a tool for video post production - Quality Contrast, CC and noise reduction effects
on Aug 15, 2013 at 4:00:24 pm

I've been using Shake for some time to make my videos look better. IMO effects like contrast look much better than the standard ones that come with FCP 7. Shake is pretty outdated though, so I'm wondering what you guys would recommend instead? Is there a similar tool to Shake that I can use to do things like color correction, contrast enhancements and noise reduction? Or even a set of plugins for FCP that you might recommend.

I've been considering to move from FCP 7 to Adobe Premier, since FCP 7 is not being updated, and FCP X doesn't really interest me. Any thoughts on that regarding usability and effect quality of Premier?

Regards
Frímann

Regards
Frimann Kjerulf

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Looking for a tool for video post production - Quality Contrast, CC and noise reduction effects
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:32:17 pm

Smoke would be an option.

If you go to Premiere Pro, then you can do some of this in AE. But a lot of what you are describing is something done with professional color grading software, like RESOLVE. If you want it to work with FCP...there is COLOR. That's great for color correction and enhancement. But noise reduction too? There's the NEAT VIDEO plugin for FCP that does a great job.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Frimann Kjerulf
Re: Looking for a tool for video post production - Quality Contrast, CC and noise reduction effects
on Aug 16, 2013 at 12:03:21 am

I might look into Smoke, looks like a solid package. A friend of mine who works in the 3d business recommended Nuke and Fusion. Any thoughts on that?

Regards
Frimann Kjerulf

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 16, 2013 at 2:21:13 am

Nope. I don't use them. I tried Smoke out as a demo. I do my color grading with plugins or separate grading apps like Color or Resolve or Symphony

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

dick avery
on Aug 15, 2013 at 7:10:29 pm

Adobe Premiere has very sofisticated color correction tools (primary and secondary, adjustement layers). It ships with tons of effects and preset, may be you wont need any third party plugins at all.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 16, 2013 at 3:16:15 am

da Vinci Resolve and Pr combined with an XML workflow is particularly powerful. Resolve is becoming a finishing tool as well. Version 10 they are introducing plugin architecture and titling so it may end up a powerful finish tool.

In terms of grading it is probably the best software available and free unless you want the noise reduction. Even then it is $995.

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Aug 16, 2013 at 6:43:16 pm

We are talking about some bucks here.
If you want to spend some money I would go for Smoke.
If you want it cheaper I would go for Magic Bullet. They have a noise reduction tool as well as Colorista both with FCP7.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Frimann Kjerulf
on Aug 19, 2013 at 2:30:46 pm

Looks like I have some demos to try out before I take my decision. Thanks for all the replies :)

Regards
Frimann Kjerulf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]