FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't play clips cant render...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Gray
Can't play clips cant render...
on Aug 14, 2013 at 7:34:46 am

I have a problem. My FCP Pro 7.03 has been crashing frequently. Now it won't render... always out of memory no matter how many times I clear the render manager... and now won't play or import clips... I get a Fin-00000001 cannot be found warning.

Also, when I closed down FCP and tried to play the clips in Quick time I get the sound but no vision. If I hit the time line control on the player I can move to a still and see a frozen image but it won't play the video.

I've got a feature film on this. So this is a little worrying...

Any cure for this?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can't play clips cant render...
on Aug 14, 2013 at 7:46:45 am

Sounds like you have a Quicktime Reference file in the project, and sequence. Because QT reference files aren't fully self contained...they reference media files and renders. And if any file or render file is missing, FCP, or QT, will not play the file...and keep asking for the missing media. Almost like an infinite loop.

You need to delete the QT reference file from the project.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Aug 14, 2013 at 8:14:39 am

You could also try trashing the FCP prefs.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Lawrence Gray
on Aug 14, 2013 at 10:57:18 am

Hmm... I actually can't find the /library/preferences... I'm sure it was there at one time but it isn't there now. The upgrade of the OS seems to have made it disappear!

Any idea of how to find it. It doesn't appear in spotlight!

Lawrence Gray

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Aug 14, 2013 at 12:35:22 pm

[Lawrence Gray] "Hmm... I actually can't find the /library/preferences... I'm sure it was there at one time but it isn't there now. The upgrade of the OS seems to have made it disappear!

Any idea of how to find it. It doesn't appear in spotlight!"

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/trashing_fcp_prefs.html

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Lawrence Gray
on Aug 14, 2013 at 9:16:24 am

Well the clip was rendered out to quicktime though I wouldn't have thought it was a reference file.

However, I have to trash it as it won't play in quicktime or FCP. However, I'm trying to create the clip again and apparently I can't render out anything at the moment as it keeps throwing up Out of Memory errors.

It was doing that for every render on the timeline and I've been deleting renders from the Render Manager to deal with that and think that's caused the problem with the quicktime render.

I'm a little concerned about creating even more problems... Essentially this stuff only happens to clips rendered out to quicktime? And I can't hurt the original clips that are all pro res renditions of DSLR files?

Any idea what the best way of outputting from the time line is so that I can avoid this issue?

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and I note a number of people have had this sort of issue.

Lawrence Gray

Return to posts index

Lawrence Gray
on Aug 14, 2013 at 10:04:13 am

Just tried to render out through Compressor and it fails to do that as well.

I can't seem to render anything at all.

Lawrence Gray

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 14, 2013 at 12:31:21 pm

When you export to QT, make sure you have "make self contained" checked otherwise it creates a reference file- referencing render files in your sequence. Files that will get deleted as you make further changes to a project or delete render files. Then of course if you have brought that reference file into your project, it will throw up errors because it's missing media.

Reference files always have their own self contained audio. That's why you still hear sound in QT.

Hold down option and click on the go menu in finder and you'll magically see the "library" folder choice appear. Apple has conveniently hidden that folder for us as of Lion. But I suspect your prefs are fine.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 14, 2013 at 1:49:53 pm

Do you have any strange element in your time-line: Big stills, Motion projects?
Save your project with a new name and try to render again.
rafael

Return to posts index

Lawrence Gray
on Aug 14, 2013 at 4:25:11 pm

I've just got pro res 422, air, and wav files on the time line.

I've opened it in new projects several times to try clear the problem but afraid I still have it.

I keep getting a green screen until I click on the time line clips. And if I move things on the time line I've been getting more and more crashes. Similarly I've been getting crashes from rendering, when it doesn't stop the rendering by an out of memory error.

I haven't trashed the preferences yet... I'll try that when I can.

I'm assuming it won't corrupt any files and make things worse?

Lawrence Gray

Return to posts index

Lawrence Gray
on Aug 14, 2013 at 5:17:15 pm

I trashed the preferences. And reopened the file. Tried to render a time line and FCP crashed.

This is looking horribly serious.

Lawrence Gray

Return to posts index

Lawrence Gray
on Aug 14, 2013 at 5:44:35 pm

Checked the settings. It's on Make Self Contained. I think I've always had it on that. I use this to render out finished projects. So why it required these .fin files I don't know.

I'm trying again at the moment but i keep getting the Out of Memory problem. And even managed to crash the entire computer. So I'm wondering if I have a video card problem going on as well.

Lawrence Gray

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 15, 2013 at 2:42:24 am

[Lawrence Gray] " So why it required these .fin files I don't know"
What is ".fin files"?
rafael

Return to posts index

Lawrence Gray
on Aug 15, 2013 at 3:53:29 am

I get a "Fin-00000001 cannot be found" warning meaning a render file is missing.

Though why there should be a render file for something that has been created as an independent movie from the Quicktime output option I don't know!

Lawrence Gray

Return to posts index

Lawrence Gray
on Aug 16, 2013 at 2:03:50 am

I've found the solution! Project files are over 100mbs. and this causes the problem.

I've been eliminating sequences from the project file and found that I can render again.

Lawrence Gray

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Feb 23, 2014 at 4:57:34 am

When you say project file, specifically what files are you referring?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]