FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tinting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Gaskin
Tinting
on Aug 12, 2013 at 6:26:38 pm

Hi All,

Quick question regarding tinting footage that I'm sure one of you experts can hopefully answer.

Trying to tint some color footage overall in red but also trying to eliminate the natural colors in the footage so that they appear as a black base and not as mixture of the red tint+original footage color. For example, when I use the tint effect it gets the closest to what I need, but if the subject in the footage has a green sweater on, it appears that everything has a red tint, with her sweater still kind of green (and not black like I'd like).

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Gaskin

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Tinting
on Aug 12, 2013 at 10:49:17 pm

You need to make the original black&white, then apply the tint effect.

Return to posts index

Steve Gaskin
on Aug 12, 2013 at 10:58:30 pm

Thanks for your response. When I make it black and white first, the color tint doesn't overide it. I've been making it black and white, then rexporting and importing so that my base is black/white but seems kind of involved, and won't allow me to make changes easily.

Steve Gaskin

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:49:44 pm

Why are you exporting it? Use one color effect to make it B&W, then a second to tint it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Gaskin
on Aug 13, 2013 at 12:51:37 am

That just worked-thanks. I didn't realize that the order that the effects were stacked had that impact on it.

Appreciate both of your help!

SG

Steve Gaskin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]