FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 won't import the last 15 seconds of a clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristine Kirchmeier
FCP7 won't import the last 15 seconds of a clip
on Aug 11, 2013 at 7:13:00 am

So I have been using FCP7 pretty regularly for the last 3 years and I encountered an issue today that i've never dealt with before and all my googling and forum searching still has me stumped!

I am working with one .mov file in final cut that will not fully import. When I play it from finder, it's all there, but as soon as I bring it into my browser and play it from the canvas or timeline, the last 15 seconds are non-existent. Even stranger- when I brought in the non-converted clip (the clip before I ran it through MPEG streamclip and converted it to Apple ProRes), it was all there. Too bad I can't edit with that one...

Have any of you brilliant folks experienced this before? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Any guidance would be MUCH appreciated because I am on a time crunch with a client. Thank you :)

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: FCP7 won't import the last 15 seconds of a clip
on Aug 11, 2013 at 10:21:02 pm

Try using Compressor to convert to ProRes.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Kristine Kirchmeier
Re: FCP7 won't import the last 15 seconds of a clip
on Aug 12, 2013 at 5:49:14 pm

Holy crap! This worked! Why did this work? What difference did it make in the brain of FCP to use footage that was converted in compressor v. MPEG? I am very grateful you suggested this. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]