FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC problem...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maciek Bartoszewicz
CC problem...
on Aug 5, 2013 at 1:17:03 pm

Hi guys!

I have a footage of a woman who used to much glossy lipstick, a she wants to get rid of it. She's a member of a board in big company and ofcourse there is no way to argue with her, but to be honest i don't have any idea what to do...if it was bigger area i would probably mask it but what to do with few burned out pixels? Maybe someone here will know what to do, please help me, don't let me be eaten alive ;) (she looks like someone who would do it :P )

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: CC problem...
on Aug 5, 2013 at 2:12:43 pm

Try the Secondary Color Corrector. Isolate that particular color, darken it a bit, and soften the effect. Chroma key might be another way to isolate it so it can be adjusted, it's worth a shot.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 5, 2013 at 2:34:33 pm

This is a good candidate for the "limit effect" set of controls in the 3-way color corrector. There's an eyedropper tool you'll use to sample the lip color, then you can adjust only the lip color with the chroma slider, boom, you're a hero.

Return to posts index

Maciek Bartoszewicz
on Aug 5, 2013 at 4:03:52 pm

Thanks guys for your answers!
I tried that already, but with bad results. I think if the area we are talking about had some color information it would work, but since it's really burn out line on top of the lips and a little spot on lower lip...well i get a grey line and grey spot or a different red shade...I wish there was something like healing brush in photoshop...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 5, 2013 at 4:40:13 pm

Well, you didn't tell us that before. Details matter.

BTW, You CAN fix this shot in photoshop. Export the bad segment as sequential stills, import the file of stills into photoshop, then you can record the steps of how you correct the first frame in photoshop, save that recording as a batch action, and automatically apply it to all the other frames. The batch action will take at most a minute or so to fix all the frames, ...if you're lucky. Worst case, you have to paint on each frame by hand, but be sure to charge by the hour for this.

If it's a funky lip liner and not the actual lip color, did you try sampling just the lip liner area with the limit color effect in the 3-way cc?

Another way to go is AfterEffects, where most photoshop filters can be applied to video.

Return to posts index

Maciek Bartoszewicz
on Aug 5, 2013 at 5:41:19 pm

Sorry i know, i should told you, my bad.

Photoshop workflow is something i will definetly have in mind for future jobs, but they dont want to pay for that extra time (otherwise i would use DaVinci Resolve and do some harcore masking and noding) so i was looking for some neat fast way that i dont know about ;) If there isnt anything, well, "lady" would have to do her makeup more carefull next time :P

Just out of curiosity: do you think photshop will record actions on objects that change its positions, based on color or shape (moving lips in that eg.) or it will record just the x,y position of the cursor when applying brush?

I should probably say that in the beginning: sorry for my english ;)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 5, 2013 at 6:25:13 pm

Well, it's not THAT smart:-) But you can work in tandem with the automation in this way: have a batch action that calls up the next frame and sets it up for you to use the "extract" filter from the top drop-down menu to outline the troubled area very fast using a tablet and stylus. Then the batch can resume with doing the rest of the replacement, re-saving to a new folder with a new file name or the same name.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 5, 2013 at 6:30:20 pm

Your other option is vector painting on each frame, or using a roto-mask and keyframing it's shape for each frame. I would find that even more tedious and harder to automate.

Either way, if they don't have the budget for a couple hours of roto or paint, then you can't help them this time.

The only other option I can think of would be to try one of the digital makeup box tools like Sheffield or Red Giant/ Digital anarchy offers. These are mostly used to reduce sharpness in flesh tones, to remove small wrinkles and blemishes. In these case the plug in does all the work without any keyframing., just render time.

Good luck to you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]