FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can FCP 7 be installed and non-simultaneously used on multiple laptops?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Hoffman
Can FCP 7 be installed and non-simultaneously used on multiple laptops?
on Aug 5, 2013 at 2:55:03 am

I've been using Final Cut Studio (academic, with FCP 7) on my 2006 MacBook, but I just got a more powerful 2012 MacBook Pro. I understand that I'm not supposed to be able to run FCP on both laptops at the same time, but can I have it installed on both as long as I don't use it on both simultaneously? And if not, should I at least be able to install it on the MacBook Pro if I uninstall it from the MacBook?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Can FCP 7 be installed and non-simultaneously used on multiple laptops?
on Aug 5, 2013 at 5:13:02 am

[Matt Hoffman] "I understand that I'm not supposed to be able to run FCP on both laptops at the same time, but can I have it installed on both as long as I don't use it on both simultaneously?"
That's right.
rafael

Return to posts index

Nan Bress
on Aug 10, 2013 at 12:17:15 am

You can have them installed on multiple machines and you can actually have them running the same time if you disconnect one from the internet before you launch it.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 10, 2013 at 5:19:20 am

[Nan Bress] "You can have them installed on multiple machines and you can actually have them running the same time if you disconnect one from the internet before you launch it."
Whenever you are connected to internet or not, Apple have no way to know if you have more than one copy of the application running at the same time. Unless you send Apple some reports.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]