FORUMS: list search recent posts

Repairing Video with Lost Frames

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Budnikas
Repairing Video with Lost Frames
on Aug 4, 2013 at 12:07:22 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and not even sure if I am posting to the correct forum. First off the system I am using is a late 2010 iMac 2.8 i7 with 16GB of Ram. HDD is 1TB and 240GB SSD.

So here is my problem. I have tried many Screen Capture tools to record panoramic images for promotional purposes to post for my clients on YouTube. I've tired many such as Camtasia, Captivate etc., but seems to use a lot of memory. I managed to find one that seems to work best and allows you to export to ProRes 4444.

The main issue I have is on record the pan records smoothly, but on playback it is very jerky and seems to have lost frames. The clip is only 10 seconds long so I am frustrated that I can't find a goo solution.

I've read many threads on the internet that say it can be corrected and smooth out the segment, but anything I try it doesn't work.

Hope someone can make a suggestion here.

Thanks,

Robert

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Repairing Video with Lost Frames
on Aug 4, 2013 at 3:00:12 am

Recording an 8bRGB picture (your screen) with Prores444 makes no much sense because the bit depth difference. Also a Prores444 is prone to be play choppy if your system has not much power (are you playing the file from a fast external HD?).
Why don't you try plain Prores422?
rafael

Return to posts index

Robert Budnikas
on Aug 4, 2013 at 4:02:08 pm

Hello Rafael,

My assumption was incorrect. It exports to Prores422 not Prores444. Since I'm new to this world of video, maybe I am missing something. I see a lot of people publish this Mac screens on YouTube and they are in full resolution at 1080p. To get 1920x1080 the capture are has to match. Is that a correct assumption, or can you capture a let's say 1024 x 768 and record it as 1920 x 1080 without distorting it?

Sorry if this is a lame question. Just trying to learn.

Thanks,

Robert

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 5, 2013 at 1:11:29 am

[Robert Budnikas] "To get 1920x1080 the capture are has to match. Is that a correct assumption, or can you capture a let's say 1024 x 768 and record it as 1920 x 1080 without distorting it?"
In video we are always talking about Squared pixels.
1920x1080 Squared pixels (as in YouTube) has a 16x9 aspect ratio.
1024x768 has a 4x3 aspect ratio.
If you want that picture to look 16x9, you need to crop it to 1024x576.
Then, if you want it at 1920x1080, you only need to blow it up.
That upscaling in FC won't benefit the picture. FC is not god at that task.

Your picture may be playing choppy because 1024x768 is not a standard size. FC prefers standard video sizes.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]