FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP AND ADOBE Compatibility

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Goutom Ain
FCP AND ADOBE Compatibility
on Aug 1, 2013 at 2:15:50 pm

We use DVCPROHD 1080i50 as sequence setting. Graphics made for fcp are by using Adobe CS 5.5. Sometimes we need RGB+ALPHA. So which video codec shall i use to minimize the render time so that i get RGB+ALpha. Selecting DVCPROHD dont give me that setting.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: FCP AND ADOBE Compatibility
on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:16:13 pm

For RGB+ALPHA select the Animation codec or ProRes 4444 and set them the Channel to RGB+ALPHA when exporting them out. That will change the Depth to Millions of Colors +.

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP AND ADOBE Compatibility
on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:46:30 pm

[Goutom Ain] "...which video codec shall i use to minimize the render time so that i get RGB+ALpha. Selecting DVCPROHD dont give me that setting."

That's because the DVCProHD codec doesn't support alpha channels. You have to use a different codec. Personally, I like Quicktime's PNG codec for the task -- I can make alpha-channel animations on a Windows machine and use them in FCP -- it's a portable codec, you see.

If you have FCP and AE installed on the same machine, you can use ProRes 4444, which is easier. It doesn't look any better, it's just easier.

Since those would be your two options, the issue of reducing render time comes down to your settings in AE. Since most FCP people blanch at the thought of installing 32 GB on their computers, speeding up your renders could be a challenge. And depending on what you're doing in AE, having that much RAM may not even help. AE's a quirky application.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]