FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting from NTSC to PAL for Broadcast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Cornell
Converting from NTSC to PAL for Broadcast
on Jul 31, 2013 at 3:22:36 pm

Hi all,

So I'm currently in the process of putting together deliveries from a show that is currently wrapping up. We are delivering to 3 separate networks, one of them being Discovery International. Earlier in the job, they had said it was okay if we delivered an HDCAM to them in 23.98 (what the whole show was shot in) and then they would do the converting to 25p. However, for some reason they are not reversing that so now we have to personally do the convert before laying back to tape (HDCAM SR)

My question is, what is the best/most efficient way to convert my 23.98 project to 25p for their standards? I personally have never worked or delivered anything in PAL so any help would be great. I hear Compressor would be the best bet, but just a bit confused on where to start.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Converting from NTSC to PAL for Broadcast
on Jul 31, 2013 at 6:00:56 pm

Go to a post facility that has a Terranex, and can do the conversion when you output. That is the best way. Compressor, not the best. I'd only do that if I had a gun to my head...which I sometimes do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 1, 2013 at 5:01:15 am

If there is no budget for a proper hardware conversion (Alchemist, Teranex, Snell and Wilcox), try to find someone with an Avid Symphony DX (not third party I/O), Using Universal Mastering, a Symphony can convert 23.98 to anything.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:20:12 am

If you are working with HDCAM, you shouldn't have problem to expend a couple of grands on this:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/teranex/
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]