FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer - Unable to locate files, appears as partial scan

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Jones
Log and Transfer - Unable to locate files, appears as partial scan
on Jul 30, 2013 at 7:08:36 pm

I am running into some strange issues with the log and transfer process in Final Cut 7.03. The footage was shot with a 5D, I have the appropriate EOS plugin installed and I have transferred footage using the exact same workflow previously, but with this particular set of footage, when I drag the footage into the transfer window it appears that it is converting, but it never appears in the log bin or the capture scratch.

What is also strange is that the circle next to the metadata name (upper lefthand box in the log and transfer window) is only half filled even though the files are set to transfer in full (no in and out points marked).

Has anyone ever experienced this problem? I have used two different machines and have experienced the same issue both times, so I'm wondering if there is a weird setting that I don't know about in the source media?

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Log and Transfer - Unable to locate files, appears as partial scan
on Aug 2, 2013 at 9:04:37 pm

Sounds like a Mark III to me. Lots of issues. We now use 5DtoRGB as our conversion app for all things Mark III.

You cannot trust the Log and Transfer with ANY Mark III footage.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Jessica Jones
Re: Log and Transfer - Unable to locate files, appears as partial scan
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:25:29 pm

Huh, interesting. It is strange because I have used the same conversion process (same Mac system and process) with the same camera (yes, a Mark III), but I had never experienced this before. I'll look into the 5DtoRGB. Out of curiosity, is your workflow to convert with this program and then bring it into FCP?

I'm using FCP 7 with the AppleProRes 422 codec and ideally would like to not introduce too many codecs into the project.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]