FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray disk made in FCP 7 SHARE won't play in VLC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Snyder
Blu-ray disk made in FCP 7 SHARE won't play in VLC
on Jul 28, 2013 at 12:24:07 am

I'm trying to burn a Blu-ray disc using FCP 7 SHARE and a Pioneer BD-RW BDR 207D burner. I've burned many Blu-rays in the past without a problem. The sequence in the timeline is DVC Pro HD 720 24p. After I burn it, when I try to play it back in the Pioneer via VLC, I get the message: "Your input can't be opened. Path does not appear to be Blu-ray." Is there a problem in my sequence or is it a quirk of the VLC that's not allowing it to play back?
I repeat: this hasn't happened before with other sequences.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Blu-ray disk made in FCP 7 SHARE won't play in VLC
on Jul 28, 2013 at 2:39:52 am

That sounds to an authoring error.
Try to play the files inside the disc.
rafael

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Jul 28, 2013 at 3:19:44 am

I think you're right. But how do I play Blu-ray files? When I try, I get a message saying "Can't open."

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 28, 2013 at 6:15:00 pm

You bought a bluray capable drive to burn these with; what came with it?

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Jul 28, 2013 at 6:18:02 pm

It's just the Pioneer burner. I use the VLC software to play it back thru.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 28, 2013 at 6:22:04 pm

Do test burns of any other programs shared off your timeline work? Can you make a one minute program, share/burn and play it back?

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Jul 28, 2013 at 6:44:31 pm

All my other programs made off other timelines work and playback thru VLC on the Pioneer burner. It's just this one which is 7 minutes long and no different technically than the others. My question is whether there is a problem with the Blu-ray or just VLC's reading of the Blu-ray. In the meantime, I'm going find another Blu-ray player to test the problem disk on.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 28, 2013 at 6:49:24 pm

Quote; "All my other programs made off other timelines work and playback thru VLC on the Pioneer burner."

That statement to me says it's pilot error on your timeline, and you just haven't found it yet. These things are often so simple you can't see it because you assume it CAN'T be something that trivial.

To clarify: are you pulling files off he blu ray and playing them, or playing the BluRay as if it was a rented movie?

If a second burn of the same timeline also fails, I think that rules out bad media also.

Force yourself to look at every setting twice, from the sequence settings to double-clicking the clips and checking if they all agree, to writing down and reading back all the share settings. I will bet a donut *something* is off there somewhere, if every other burn has worked, and nothing has been changed on the system or software since the last successful burn.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]