FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pix 240 footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Horgan
Pix 240 footage
on Jul 26, 2013 at 12:32:24 am

I am editing on fcp7 and am capturing using a pix240 usually 4:2:2lt and it is creating 10. Min files. At every break on the timeline the footage has a small audio drop. Not like a fade up or down but like an audio blip. It only
happens at the end of the video clip just before the next clip starts. Has anybody else run into this and come up with a solution? If I had known in advance I would have set the file capture size to a half hour or more.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Pix 240 footage
on Jul 26, 2013 at 1:06:49 am

The PIX should be able to record longer files. It sounds like the drive is not formatted correctly - guessing it is formatted FAT32 which only allows files up to 2 gig.

Check that the on board drive is formatted to HFS+ for Mac.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 26, 2013 at 1:15:21 am

Sorry 4 gig in FAT32.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jul 28, 2013 at 4:49:34 pm

[Scott Horgan] "At every break on the timeline the footage has a small audio drop. Not like a fade up or down but like an audio blip."

Yes this was a problem with the PIX240. Mine did it as well. Solution was updating the firmware to the latest version. The Aurora firmware (v3.02) seems to fix this as the file break transition is handled correctly now. They also moved to exFAT as their file system so it's more interoperable between Mac and PC (if you have to do that sort of thing). Also many of the limitations of FAT32 are circumvented by moving to exFAT.

http://www.sounddevices.com/download/pix-firmware/

Since moving to version 3 firmware I have not noticed the small audio blips between files. However, if you can't upgrade the firmware then you can increase the file recording time by going into the menu and choosing a longer length. 60 minutes is the max. Any failures though will result in that file being corrupted and unusable...so take that into account if you're recording something long form.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]