FORUMS: list search recent posts

C300 Footage in 10.8 - starting to worry

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
C300 Footage in 10.8 - starting to worry
on Jul 24, 2013 at 11:57:37 pm

Hi Guys,

I have to start ingesting footage tomorrow for quiet an important short film, shot on the Canon C300.
I struggle with following problem: I run 10.8.4 and the Canon Utility for Transcoding in FCP 7 in the L&T Tool is only supported till 10.7.
I also got into FCPX lately, but there is no OMF to export to the sound studio.

Another option would be I L&T all the files on my old MBP on which I still run 10.6.8. then I could use the Utility of Canon to work in L&T in FCP 7 and then take take project on my new machine and work the film in FCP 7.

Any idea and suggestions to this crazy situation. I really would not even mind jumping into FCPX, but I am seriously worried about the OMF issue, unless there is a fix to that.

Greetings,

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: C300 Footage in 10.8 - starting to worry
on Jul 25, 2013 at 12:03:10 am

Learning X might not be so simple but if you do then there is software called X2Pro that converts audio based on assigning roles to an AAF which many audio facilities can handle.

If not then using the free Automatic Duck software you could import the AAF into FCP7 and then export an OMF. Bit of a work around but possible. I would test all of that in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 25, 2013 at 12:40:01 am

Avid MC deals with these files natively...AMA then Consolidate. And was BORN to OMF audio. (although AAF is better, more robust, and what audio guys want lately...but OMF still is acceptable)

Adobe Premiere Pro deals with these natively as well. And also does OMF/AAF.

But yes, FCX and X2Pro are cheaper than Avid MC.

Or...use the other computer to Log and Transfer, and edit on your new one. But you will have to move on to another NLE soon.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 25, 2013 at 1:35:18 am

Hey Shane, I thought OMF was no longer an option in later versions of MC. The old trick of making a standard def sequence revealed the OMF option but AVID are trying to steer everyone to AAF. I had an editor tell me the OMF option had gone in MC6

Personally I don't need AAF as I just want the files - no levels & filters or dynamic gain mapping. I have to throw all that away anyway as editors can't mix and once it all gets sorted to mix buses, the levels are wrong.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 25, 2013 at 1:38:15 am

Right...last version of Avid MC to offer OMF was 5.5. AAF is more robust and preferred over OMF. And you can turn off all sorts of options, so they mixer gets things un-mixed on their end.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
on Jul 26, 2013 at 2:59:21 am

X2Pro does a wonderful job. Used it to take my last short into ProTools and it was spot on.

--------------------------
Avid MC, PPro CS6, FCP7 - wasting away on my SSD.
I just can't quit X.
--------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]