FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding color to an item in FCP 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Warner
Adding color to an item in FCP 6
on Jul 23, 2013 at 3:47:34 pm

Sorry if this is a repeat question (it's surely a dumb one.) I couldn't find what I needed through a search though (prob because it's 6.) Anyway, this might be simple but I'm a doc filmmakers no I'm not SFX savvy. I want to add color to a single item (well, 2... a subject's eyes.) Not just changing them but a surreal, exaggerated effect. I don't know if I can even do this in 6, if it's a color correction thing or a composite thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Adding color to an item in FCP 6
on Jul 23, 2013 at 4:57:47 pm

I can tell you that in version 7, the three-way color corrector has a tiny, almost invisible drop-down menu called "limit effect" this is what you use when you want to do the "Pleasantville" effect on a red rose in a black and white world. Play with that. Or look up in the manual or COW tutorials how to use the Limit Effect in the 3-way CC.

As far as compositing, You would make a duplicate layer of the action, treat the eye color without regard for anything else, then use the 8-point masking tool to mask out everything but the eyes, and you'd have it. At least, in 7 you would. Don't know about 6, haven't used it in years.

Return to posts index

Kate Warner
on Jul 23, 2013 at 5:30:26 pm

Thanks so much. The manual's a little overwhelming but the bigger problem is that I couldn't find it. Six is kind of a dinosaur, I know, but I think it actually has the 3 way corrector. This explanation helps. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Jul 25, 2013 at 11:12:48 am

i would also look at the "Stylise" filters in the effects tab of the browser.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]