FORUMS: list search recent posts

Z1 images

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Fearon
Z1 images
on Jul 22, 2013 at 8:40:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Imported some Z1 footage into FCP7, using ProRes 422 as codec, and when I exported clips as mov file the amount of strobing was incredible. I think I read somewhere that this is something to do with LCD monitors - is this true, and if so WTF, lots of people watch video on LCD monitors so they'll be seeing this horrible strobing too won't they?

Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom for:
a. importing techniques for Z1
b. export techniques for best results

Love,

Robin.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Z1 images
on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:04:09 pm

Z1 footage and mov file doesn't mean ^%$# to us. What was the frame size and frame rate did you shoot at? What was your sequence setting? To what codec (h.264, ProRes, DVCProHD, etc..) did you export to?

You do not import Z1 footage, you have to log and capture it.

[Robin Fearon] "I think I read somewhere that this is something to do with LCD monitors"
Strobing has absolutely nothing to do with LCD monitors.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:56:19 pm

Are you talking about INTERLACING? And playing back the QT...how? ON the computer monitor? LCD TV? TVs do interlacing fine...computer displays do not.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robin Fearon
on Jul 23, 2013 at 8:41:21 pm

Shot at 1080/50i, 25fps, used ProRes 422.

Yes I did view the footage on a LCD monitor and yes there was significant 'strobing' ie, the image seemed to split when there was motion.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:07:42 pm

Yes, that's interlacing. 1080i50...the "i" means interlaced. So that's two fields in one frame, and what you are seeing is the two fields have separate information, and it'd broken up into even and odd lines. Thus why it looks like chopped up lines. You need to de-interlace it if you want it to look good on computer displays.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robin Fearon
on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:17:06 pm

Deinterlace using something like MpegStreamclip? Or do you have another suggestion?

Return to posts index

Keith Slavin
on Jul 24, 2013 at 9:00:34 pm

Hi Robin,

For your information, you may check out isovideo's demeler deinterlacer.
Demeler is a realtime, full HD, GPU accelerated deinterlacing software running on Linux.
You can see a couple of sample deinterlacing results of Demeler on youtube.

and

If you are interested, please contact isovideo or send us a short clip, and we will deinterlace it for you for free.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]