FORUMS: list search recent posts

1920*1080 to Broadcast SD Center Cut. Compressor settings?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Strac
1920*1080 to Broadcast SD Center Cut. Compressor settings?
on Jul 18, 2013 at 7:34:38 pm

Hello,

I have a 28:28 show that needs to be delivered for HD and SD center cutting. I have a lot of animations and graphics created for the entire show. I've never had this center cut issue and I would like some specific advice that I couldn't find reading other forum responses.
I have attached some images and I can not find any notches in Motion 4 to view like in Final Cut and I'm told that is the cut off. Again the entire show is done within title safe but now viewing those notches in Final Cut I'm realizing I probably have to redesign every single graphic.
First, I want to know what the settings are for Compressor so I can export 3 minutes of the show Pro422 and see what the final output will be. What do I put into compressor frame controls so I can see exactly what will be cut. The dub house is going to do the down convert for me with there equipment but I want to preview.
Second, what is the best way to fix my problem. If I am right the whole show needs to be modified which could take several days. I have always either gone full hd or letterbox sd so center cut is totally new to me and there has to be an easy way around this....shit I hope. If not I'll be pulling some all nighters but any advice is appreciated.

Here are images from Motion & FCP

Grant Strac

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 1920*1080 to Broadcast SD Center Cut. Compressor settings?
on Jul 18, 2013 at 11:39:27 pm

You made sure all your graphics were title safe in HD...but not SD. So what you need to do is redo all the graphics so they are title safe in SD as well. Or, make all the graphics SD title safe instead of having two versions. But since the HD ones are done, I'd opt for the first option, an SD title safe version.

You need to go by those notches on the title safe indicators...and the closest ones in are the SD title safe.

As for the Compressor settings, all you need to do is make the dimensions 4:3 720x486, and 1.00 pixel aspect...it should crop it. But for mastering, they'll crop it. You can also hold pieces of paper up to the monitor, or tape them, in the SD framing for quick viewing in FCP.

But yeah, sorry, the graphics all need to be 4:3 title safe if you need to deliver a 4:3 center cut. It would have been nice to know that up front, and have that on your mind when you did the graphics initially.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]