FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duration Adjustment of Crossfades & other Video Transitions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Duration Adjustment of Crossfades & other Video Transitions
on Jul 18, 2013 at 10:39:56 am

Hall Everybody,

right now I am learning AVID to widen my horizont.
I figured out, that both PPro and AVID have the nice feature, that you can trim a Transition's length individually on each side, while in FCP, dragging will cause an effect on both sides. Is there actually a way to trim only one side of a Transition's length?

Greetings,

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Duration Adjustment of Crossfades & other Video Transitions
on Jul 18, 2013 at 2:08:15 pm

uTry doble-clicking on it?

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jul 18, 2013 at 2:21:45 pm

Yes. If I double click it, I open it in the source monitor, but there I still cannot handle right an left side individually.

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 18, 2013 at 7:05:17 pm

That isn't something FCP does...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jul 18, 2013 at 8:09:58 pm

Then that definitely is something that comes onto my list of "big minuses of FCP 7" - just next to inabiltiy of changing the keyframe interpolation in audio Tracks.
Thanx Shane for the heads up. In the end I guess, it's this kind of news that will make the good bye easier.
Even though I still edit a feature right now on FCP 7 and I have to admit it, I still really like this program. :-)

Greetings,

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 19, 2013 at 5:45:39 pm

I've been in Avid land for a year now, and played with Adobe CC. I have to online a few shows in FCP still, and I can say that I don't miss it. Using these other programs shows me how much FCP 7 is really lacking. It does a few things better than the competition, but not enough to make me pine for it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:44:16 pm

Hi Shane,

Yup, that sums it up pretty much for me too.
I just got a new generic Mac system, running 10.8.4. And FCP seems to crush more often in this new environment, but I also still have to films to finish in it. There is certain things, that are better in FCP, in my opinion a lot better. But I got into AVID as well as FCPX and I must say, that I'm pretty inpressed by both. It will still take me a while to be able to be as fast on them as I'm on FCP, but once I know to play my keyboard in a Chopin way on those too, I think the workflow will be faster than in my beloved FCP.
I guess, it's like an old car, even though your new one is better, the nostalgy and memory of the adventures we went through together makes the good bye difficult. After all FCP is a great software, that apple just did not take care of anymore. So the whole 32 bit thing makes it already rather antique.
My biggest pleasure in X was, that I finally can make interpolated audio key frames. Audio key frames in the old version I really hated.
But hey, in the end of the day it's really the editor not the tool, that makes the movie ;-). I wonder if W. Murch still works on FCP 7. :-)

All the best,

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]