FORUMS: list search recent posts

1920x1080 needs to become 720x486!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Stanfield
1920x1080 needs to become 720x486!
on Jul 18, 2013 at 4:23:45 am

First post on this forum although I have been lurking in the distance for quite some time now so I apologize if any of this is wrong.... Basically I have a situation... I have am using FCPX and I made 6 projects and they are all 1920x1080 HD, now the problem is they are supposed to be 720x486 Anamorphic, does anybody know is there anyway to simply chance those properties? If not, is there any harm in copying the complete projects and pasting them into a new project that is in the correct format? Please let me know if I should clarify. Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Evan Stanfield
Re: 1920x1080 needs to become 720x486!
on Jul 18, 2013 at 5:20:14 am

Let me clarify... I made a mistake and put SD footage into the HD timeline. I thought the client wanted it in the HD timeline... long story. So i just need to bring it back down to SD.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jul 18, 2013 at 9:32:55 am

It's no problem. You can go to the project library, select the project in question, duplicate it (in order to leave your current project alone, just in case), select the new copy, click the little wrench icon in the inspector to open project properties, change project to 720x486, done.

If the image is distorted when you go into the SD project, try just going back to the project library then back into the project again. Otherwise you may need to set the Conform and/or Transform settings accordingly.

Return to posts index

Evan Stanfield
on Jul 18, 2013 at 4:09:37 pm

Thank you! The only problem that I am running into is that I can't leave the "HD" settings. For example 720x486 Anamorphic is not an option. In an SD timeline its an option. Now technically speaking, FCPX uses proxy footage correct? so technically couldn't I copy the SD clips that I edited in the HD timeline and paste them into an SD timeline?

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jul 18, 2013 at 6:58:26 pm

Hmm I'm trying to remember the solution to project settings not being available, I feel like it was mentioned by Larry Jordan or in a macbreak studio episode. All the settings seem to be available to me in any random project. Maybe that is just when going from NTSC to PAL. Did you first change the project properties format to SD before trying to change the resolution? Specific resolutions are only available with their corresponding format chosen.

You should be fine to create a new project and paste everything in. If you have mixed formats, you may need to first "lock down" the timeline settings by adding one clip to the timeline with the properties you want the timeline to be, or add any clip and change the project settings (otherwise an empty timeline will take on the properties of the first clip added to it. Then copy everything in the timeline original timeline and paste it in the new one. Then delete the clip you used to lock down the timeline settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]