FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having Log and Transfer FCP issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
angel wal
Having Log and Transfer FCP issues
on Jul 17, 2013 at 8:55:37 pm

If there is anyone out there who knows how to troubleshoot issues in FCP please help me:

So the issue is that I have some footage that i transferred over to my Hard drive from a P2 card after shooting. Everything seemed to had transferred just fine however, when I attempt to log and transfer, no clips are showing up. Yet, when I get the folders info through finder, it says there is 20KB of data in the folder and it has the date and exact time of day when everything was shot etc. However, the log and transfer isn't reading anything from the card. There is no error message showing up or anything, its just simply showing nothing when i attempt to add the files into the log. And since the P2 card did not belong to me, I no longer have access to the card to do any card/in-camera repair. Does anyone know if there is anything else that i can do to get my clips to show up in FCP?

Please help if you can, this footage is very important and I would really appreciate any help toward finding a desired solution.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Having Log and Transfer FCP issues
on Jul 17, 2013 at 9:11:59 pm

[angel wal] "it says there is 20KB of data"

That is DARN LITTLE. That's a lot less than a MB....much MUCH less than GBs, which is what video takes up space wise.

Click on the P2 backup...hit CMD-I to GET INFO. How large is that folder?

Did you follow this workflow:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

angel wal
on Jul 17, 2013 at 9:27:06 pm

What exactly is the CMD-I? Im not familiar with that term. Can you explain how I might get the info this way?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 17, 2013 at 9:50:31 pm

Command key...next to the space bar. Highlight the folder, press COMMAND and then press the letter "I." Or, highlight the folder and go to the FILE menu and choose GET INFO.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

angel wal
on Jul 17, 2013 at 10:24:21 pm

Thanks for explaining that to me, but I did what you said and its actually saying zero KB...so that means I lost the footage right?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 17, 2013 at 10:34:16 pm

That means that the footage wasn't copied off of the card...something happened. Do you have access to the card anymore? Was it backed up anywhere else?

I use, and cannot recommend highly enough, Shotput Pro from imagineproducts.com. This applications will back up any tapeless format, and verify that it is backed up entirely. It will also automate several steps in the process, including naming of backup folders and backing up twice, in two locations. Backing up tapeless media is VERY important, as you can see. So having that piece of mind is very important.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]