FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Error Files Unknown

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marina Monogarova
Import Error Files Unknown
on Jul 15, 2013 at 6:59:19 pm

Hi all,

I am getting an error of "unknown files" when trying to import video to FCP, although the files play just fine in quicktime.

1.The camera records files as .MTS and I convert them to either .MOV or .MP4 video files in order to edit.

2.The import of native video files from the camera to my MAC is not problematic. The native files play just fine. (in VLC, a program that runs .mts files)

3. I use iSkysoft converter software.

4.The converted .mov or .mp4 files play fine as well (in quicktime, or itunes)

5. I use Final Cut Pro editing software. The error message "unknown files" comes up when I attempt to import the .mov or .mp4 (converted from .mts)

6. When importing other .mov or .mp4 files, there is no issue with Final Cut, only this batch of videos is problematic.

7, The mp4 converted videos are h.264, AAC at 1920 x 1080

What could the problem be?

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: Import Error Files Unknown
on Jul 15, 2013 at 7:30:05 pm

Final cut doesn't like many codecs so you should convert everything to Apple Prores.
H.264 always causes problems in FCP.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Import Error Files Unknown
on Jul 15, 2013 at 7:42:48 pm

This is the way you get tapeless media into FCP...Log and Transfer. I have a tutorial for that here:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

If that doesn't work, as FCP is two years end of life (and 4 years old), and it might not work with all formats of current AVCHD cameras, CLIPWRAP2 from divergentmedia.com is the app to use to convert. And you convert to ProRes 422 for editing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]