FORUMS: list search recent posts

BEFORE I GO CRAZY...! - Capture scratch clips...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Roza
BEFORE I GO CRAZY...! - Capture scratch clips...
on Jul 15, 2013 at 5:08:00 pm

Ok, this is the second time in about a month that this has happened to me; I will preface with my specs. I am on an i7 iMac FCP 6.0.6, footage is in "clip 1.mov" form via Sony AVCHD > ProRes. On this particular job there were about 80 clips from a bar mitzvah (clip 1.mov - 80.mov). I Log & transferred the footage into a new project, did some editing as usual, and saved. The next time I opened the project, I was greeted with Offline Files & The option to Reconnect Media.. ok no big deal I guess. When I reconnected to clips, some of them said the "media start and end times did not match original" (meaning the length of some clips have changed). I opened finder and went into my capture scratch folder to find something very strange. Some of the clips had turned into other clips (sounds weird I know).. for example:
In actuality the first dance was clip 70 (toward end of party) and clip 15 was a shot of the centerpieces. Now, Clip 15 AND clip 70 are both the first dance! Same Exact length same exact footage, clip 15 basically took the shape of clip 70. The sickest part is that now clip 15's original footage is gone and this happened with about 10 different clips morphing into 10 other clips. PLEASE SOMEONE WHAT THE HELL?

P.S. The file sizes are not the same; Clip 15 (quick set up shot) is still only 65 MB, but is the same length and same footage as Clip 70 (first dance) which is 1.95 GB

P.P.S I Also tried opening the files in Premiere CS6 and they are showing the same footage as in finder and FCP, so I am officially stumped

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]