FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating Final Cut Pro 6 from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Rademacher
Updating Final Cut Pro 6 from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6
on Jul 12, 2013 at 8:56:37 pm

Hey everyone,

At my internship I was recently tasked with reinstalling Final Cut Pro on one of their computers. After the installation, it couldn't open projects that were edited from other computers on the network because it was version 6.0 and the others were running 6.0.6.

I asked my old pal Google why it couldn't open the file and realized that it was probably out of date, so I went to Apple's site and found the update that would take me to 6.0.6. Unfortunately, it was a dead link. After much searching I thought I found them at a different location on Apple's site. After downloading and installing, it only brought it up to 6.0.5.

I have run the software update tool both before I installed the update and after, and neither time did it find any updates for FCP.

Fortunately, 6.0.5 seems to be able to open the projects saved by 6.0.6, but I'm one of those people that likes to have everything the same and as up to date as possible.

So, can anyone tell me how to update from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6? Or if anyone has a safe download link that would be great.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Updating Final Cut Pro 6 from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6
on Jul 12, 2013 at 9:30:40 pm

Run the SOFTWARE UPDATE from the SYSTEM PREFERENCE pane. It'll update it there.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nicholas Rademacher
on Jul 23, 2013 at 11:45:11 pm

I have already done this and it doesn't work.

Return to posts index

James Groome
on Oct 28, 2013 at 8:34:41 pm

I am having the exact same problem! Did you ever get it resolved?

Return to posts index

Nicholas Rademacher
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:07:08 am

You know, I really can't remember. I think I just left it at .5 but I'll be able to check on Friday, so I'll respond again then to let you know.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Rademacher
on Nov 15, 2013 at 7:21:17 pm

Hey,

Sorry for the late response. I just opened it up and it is still on version 6.0.5, so unfortunately I never figured it out. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
on Aug 7, 2014 at 4:37:26 am

Hey I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to do a fresh install of FCS 2 on Mavericks. I installed Rosetta from a SL disc and have just found the FCP 6.0.6 update on Apple's website. Unfortunately, that's actually a Pro Applications Update 2008-5 that only gives me 6.0.5.

I have 6.0.6 on a time machine backup. Can I just copy it over?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]