FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log & Transfer does not recognise P2 clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Heuss
Log & Transfer does not recognise P2 clips
on Jul 10, 2013 at 7:05:06 am

Hi everyone,

I shot some HD footage for a documentary on the Panasonic HVX200 using P2 cards. I backed up the raw footage and then proceeded to import everything into FCP7 via log & transfer, no problem. But afterwards I realised that some clips were missing, or shall I say simply skipped during the importing process. What I mean is, if I look into the Video folder with the raw mxf footage, I see that the clips are there and I can open them in VLC player - they look fine. But when I add the card to the log&transfer window in FCP, it obviously shows me all the clips it recognises and that have already been imported - but the other clips, the ones I can open in VLC and I know are there, simply do not appear here at all. Has anyone come across this problem before and know of a way to work around it? I actually don't know how else to transfer the footage including audio.

Thanks for your time :)

Anna

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Log & Transfer does not recognise P2 clips
on Jul 10, 2013 at 5:04:00 pm

P2 cards have a 4GB file size limit, because they are based on a FAT32 format. Because of that, many shots can get broken up into multiple files on that card. Sure, you see 15 files, but in reality you might only have 10 shots. The video is "spanned" from one clip to the next. FCP stitches them together when it wraps them in Quicktime.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]