FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why do Graphic Images Look Horrible when you render them in FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Davidson
Why do Graphic Images Look Horrible when you render them in FCP?
on Jul 8, 2013 at 11:08:49 am

Hey Everyone,

I'm doing a short video and want it to start with a graphic still that fades to the video; it looks great until I "render" it; it doesn't matter whether frame blending it turned off or on, what the speed or duration is, when I render the video, the graphic goes from looking good to horrible; resolution is lost, and the graphic looks blurry and muddy. I've even tried exporting the movie without rendering the graphic file, but it still gives me the blurry effect. I've also tried making a freeze frame or independent clip; nothing works. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Why do Graphic Images Look Horrible when you render them in FCP?
on Jul 8, 2013 at 2:47:55 pm

The codec used in the FCP edit timeline makes a very big difference in image quality. We don't know what you're using.

The codec also can have a big bearing on the image displayed in your FCP video monitor, which should be the ultimate display used to judge image quality. You can't trust those pea-shooter viewers in FCP to give you a true reproduction of image quality. And we don't know if have a video monitor, either.

So it's difficult to diagnose your problem.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]