FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems exporting synced footage from Pluraleyes 3 to FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas brigden
Problems exporting synced footage from Pluraleyes 3 to FCP 7
on Jul 5, 2013 at 3:41:48 pm

Hi,

I am having major sync issues with footage i have been given to edit. Today i used Pluraleyes 3 to see if that would help, and it did. Playing back the footage inside Pluraleyes looks synced, like its done its job. But when I export the footage back to FCP, its back to being un-synced.

The footage was shot of Canon mk 2 25fps, its been converted to pro res for fcp. The audio was recorded separately through a laptop, as its a live performance.

I am thinking it may be to do with the sequence settings, the frame-rates not matching between the audio and video. But I have set up the audio/video settings inside FCP to what i think is correct.

1920 x 1080 hdtv 1080i (16:9)
editing timebase 25
quicktime video settings: apple prores 422 HQ.

so the audio should convert to fit 25fps when put into a sequence right?

if anyone has any clues, or has experienced this problem please let me know. i am really baffled. thanks so much.

Tom

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Problems exporting synced footage from Pluraleyes 3 to FCP 7
on Jul 6, 2013 at 12:05:01 am

The frame rate of your current Easy Setup must match the source and your sequence. All three must be the same or FCP can flag the wrong rate for the imported audio.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Problems exporting synced footage from Pluraleyes 3 to FCP 7
on Jul 6, 2013 at 12:06:43 am

The other things to check is that the sample rate is 48khz, your sequence is also 48khz and the bit rate of the audio is 16 or 24 bit. Any other bit rate or sample rate may cause problems.

Once all the ducks are lined up in a row then it should stay in sync.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]