FORUMS: list search recent posts

Manhattan Edit Workshop Six Week Intensive Workshop

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Vazquez
Manhattan Edit Workshop Six Week Intensive Workshop
on Jul 2, 2013 at 9:10:36 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has attended the six week intensive workshop at the Manhattan Edit Workshop or knows someone that did. Do you know what projects you get to edit? Was it a positive experience?

Thanks,
Victor Vazquez

Return to posts index

Jim Cooke
Re: Manhattan Edit Workshop Six Week Intensive Workshop
on Jul 3, 2013 at 3:41:06 pm

I attended around Jan of 2012. Had a really great experience. Although I already new FCP 7 I was still able to learn tips and shortcuts I hadn't known. Learning Avid and FCP X was fun but the best thing about it was not learning the software but learning why you make certain edits. This was something I missed out on in school. I went to community college where the focus was purely video production and a little editing. They recommended books, we studied scenes from films and even had a guest editor speak to us and critique our projects.
The projects they gave us were pretty good. Towards the end we had time to work on our own projects. Even helped us set up our own websites where we can post our projects. I really don't have anything negative to say about Manhattan edit. Hope this helps

jimcookemedia.com

Return to posts index

Jonny Grossman
on Jul 3, 2013 at 6:15:46 pm

I took the Six-Week Editing Workshop in Sepetember 2012, and I enjoyed it very much. The staff and my classmates were awesome. Teh course not only enabled me to become a better editor, but a faster one as well. I like how they teach everybody how to be very keyboard oriented. Although I would have liked to have learned about After Effects for more than one weekend, I really enjoyed learning about Avid, FCPX and more on FCP7. The course also had me gain a different persepctive of what I alrwady knew coming into the course. With that said, take it as soon as you can.

Return to posts index

Andrea Podaski
on Jul 3, 2013 at 9:40:08 pm

Hey! I took the six week intensive back in 2011. It was pretty awesome. We learned FCP7 and Avid MC. I am now an assistant editor for the show Pawn Stars. SO yes, I learned everything I needed to know to become a working assistant editor! Take the course!!

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
on Jul 3, 2013 at 9:54:54 pm

Thanks, guys for the positive feedback. I get a good vibe from the MEW 6 week intensive course. I'm comparing MEW's course with the 6 week course at the Edit Center. MEW seems to provide more variety in the projects you get to edit and you still get to edit narrative content and documentary content just like in The Edit Center. So the variety appeals to me, and it seems like you might have more options to choose from. Thanks again for the feedback.

Victor

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
on Jul 4, 2013 at 12:55:23 am

Thanks! How many projects/scenes/pieces did you end up with for your portfolio?

Thanks,
Victor

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
on Jul 4, 2013 at 6:15:12 pm

Thanks! That sounds awesome.

Victor

Return to posts index

Jonny Grossman
on Jul 4, 2013 at 10:29:00 pm