FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ken Burns issue in FCP7 when using split screens

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kassondra Tabb
Ken Burns issue in FCP7 when using split screens
on Jul 2, 2013 at 7:11:11 pm

Hi there,

I'm creating a photo slideshow and I'm doing a split screen effect, but also using ken burns effect (through motion keyframes) to add some interest to the slideshow. This works well some of the time, but often one of the pictures will overlap into the other side of the screen, as it's getting bigger as it zooms in.

It's somewhat difficult to explain, but I'm attaching two pix, one of what it should look like, the second of what happens when an image zooms in over the other.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know there has to be a simple fix to this.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Ken Burns issue in FCP7 when using split screens
on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:17:21 pm

Crop the sides as the pictures increase in size. Keyframe that as well.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Ken Burns issue in FCP7 when using split screens
on Jul 2, 2013 at 9:31:58 pm

Do your photos on three layers. One for the background color and one each for the two sides of the montage. Add a fourth layer for your titles on the very top. Once you have all your moves the way you'd like, nest each layer (separately) and then add a crop to the sides of each nested layer to prevent the overlap. If you crop before nesting, you will need to track each cropped edge for each photo. If you nest them first, then a single crop is all that will be needed. Simple and easy.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]