FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip from the timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hala
Multiclip from the timeline?
on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:36:47 pm

I have 10 camera angles all synched up in the timeline, and want to create a multiclip from the timeline/sequence. It is of a music performance that I shot 10 times from different angles to the same track. There are minute discrepancies between the performances which is why I synched everything manually.

(I do not want to do it from the browser, because the in/out points and timecodes don't match)

Is there a simple way to do this?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Multiclip from the timeline?
on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:51:23 pm

Are you using FCP-X or FCP 7...or 6?

There is no way to make a multiclip in the way you want in FCP 7 or earlier. You'll have to resize the clips and distribute them to fill the screen...or you Pluraleyes (I haven't used it, so I'm not sure how it displays the footage once synched).

FCX has the best multiclip function of any NLE. You can add angles at any time, and manually sync the way you did too. HOW? Got me, I don't use it. I saw it demo'd once...I was floored.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Hala
on Jun 27, 2013 at 5:11:05 pm

Thanks Shane. So I'm using FCP 7. Perhaps there's a way to synch to a marker?

I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "resize the clips and distribute them to fill the screen"

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 27, 2013 at 5:17:09 pm

You can sync with IN points, OUT points or timecode or AUX timecode...not markers.

[David Hala] "I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "resize the clips and distribute them to fill the screen""

Once you have clips in the sequence, you double click on one to open it in the viewer...then to into the MOTION tab, make it like 25% scale, and move it to the upper left. Do the same with the next clip down, but move it next to the first clip. And so on until all your clips are side by side.

Now...a 10 clip multiclip will require VERY fast hard drives to play back in real time. that's 10 video streams at once. Firewire 800 won't cut it...USB2 or USB3 won't cut it. Even an eSATA RAID might not cut it. It might. Gotta be RAID 5 or RAID 0...but even then...it might be pushing it. SAS and FIBRE and Ethernet might work. Barring that....you'll have to render before you play. 10 angles is a lot.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jun 27, 2013 at 5:41:53 pm

Plural Eyes3 is what you want to make things simple. It works with FCP 7.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:32:09 pm

"(I do not want to do it from the browser, because the in/out points and timecodes don't match) "

there is a very simple way to fix that.
however it works by having MASTER CLIPS in the browser of all clips, so make sure that it the case

at the point where you have all 10 clips, BLADE ALL the clips,
trimming them to the same in-point.

now, park on the first frame of your 10-clip stack,
and one by one select a clip, and match frame it into the viewer (f)

this will update the in-point of the browser version of the clip,
and you are now ready to create a multiclip from the browser, syncing by in-point.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]