FORUMS: list search recent posts

Determine “Image Mask” effect settings in ancient FCP project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Killmon
Determine “Image Mask” effect settings in ancient FCP project
on Jun 27, 2013 at 12:03:46 am

So I’m on a bit of a Final Cut Pro project archaeology mission here. I’m trying to recreate an effect that was done across After Effects and Final Cut Pro more than 6 years ago. Most of the settings I’ve been able to glean from the old Final Cut Pro and After Effects project files I still have access to. However, the one piece of the puzzle that I’m missing is the source clip or image from some “Image Mask” effects in the Final Cut project. Basically, none of the old volumes from when this project was created exist anymore, so I’m trying to glean settings without being able to reconnect footage. For most things this works (long lists of properties for various effects are still there), but the Image Mask effect just shows a “?” clip in its “Mask” property, indicating it’s looking for a piece of media it can’t find. Is there any way to figure out WHAT clip that effect was referencing, even if I can’t reconnect the media for this project? Or am I screwed?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Determine “Image Mask” effect settings in ancient FCP project
on Jun 27, 2013 at 6:02:58 am

FC's masks don't take video clips but only graphics.
The graphic should show up on the Reconnecting list and in the Browser.
rafael

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:38:45 pm

actualy the image mask filter can take video files too, i'm pretty sure

the reconnect idea is interesting,
best approach to that might be to copy the clip into a brand new project, and see what comes up in the reconnect window.

nick

Return to posts index

Matt Killmon
on Jul 2, 2013 at 12:03:56 am

Ooh, good idea. I wound up getting something that was "close enough", but I'm going to go back and give this idea a shot, see if it works as I'd hope.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]