FORUMS: list search recent posts

jog wheel for fcp

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
finbar taub
jog wheel for fcp
on Jun 24, 2013 at 10:03:24 pm

HELLO - i posted a somewhat involved question about using a jog wheel with FCP 7 recently and didnt gat any responses - so ill try one that is shorter and more to the point:

anyone use jog wheels with dedicated buttons (say for blade, shift/v, etc) in FCP 7 ?

was wondering if anyone likes them and how they use them. This would be an inexpensive usb one, like this:

thanks -

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: jog wheel for fcp
on Jun 24, 2013 at 10:15:08 pm

NO, but I know two people who use this, including on feature editor.

But on Avid Media Composer. Not that it makes a difference.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jun 25, 2013 at 1:21:46 pm

I use the Shuttle Pro 2 and have for the last two years or so. I've remapped many of the functions, for example, I use the Jog wheel to expand the timeline rather than using CMD+ and CMD-. I'm so used to it that if I edit on a different system, I'm constantly reaching over to my left for the wheel and buttons.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

finbar taub
on Jun 25, 2013 at 4:28:11 pm

thanks for the replies -

"I use the Shuttle Pro 2 and have for the last two years or so. I've remapped many of the functions, for example, I use the Jog wheel to expand the timeline rather than using CMD+ and CMD-. I'm so used to it that if I edit on a different system, I'm constantly reaching over to my left for the wheel and buttons.
"

would you happen to know if I could assign shortcuts like ctrl/v (blade) or insert paste (shift v) to the buttons, and if so, is there any lag?

thanks again -

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Jun 25, 2013 at 6:21:22 pm

i used one for a little while. Fun but IMO didnt speed up editing at all. Was way faster with a traditional mouse and keyboard.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - The Esquire Network - NBC/Uni

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jun 25, 2013 at 7:13:32 pm

You should be able to assign any keyboard command to a button on the Shuttle Pro 2. It comes with a driver that allows you to reassign the buttons at will and also allows you to store a complete setup for different processes. You can have a setup for editing and a different setup for capture and so on. I find that the most useful remapping for me is the jog remapped to zoom into and out of the timeline. I use it constantly when editing longer form projects like TV shows. I'm also a keyboard shortcut kind of guy and use the keyboard shortcuts extensively. Between the Shuttle Pro, the mouse and the keyboard, I can edit very quickly indeed.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

finbar taub
on Jun 25, 2013 at 7:28:18 pm

sold!
thanks so much for the help - can't wait to try it out! Love the little things that can make my life easier and more efficient (hopefully...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]